- accurate and standardized methods of measuring and reporting performance
- auditing principles
- sampling methods
- benchmarking and data analysis
- best practices
- compliance with regulation
Participants also learn about modern methods of performance measurement, methods of calculating waste reduction, and realistic indicators of effective source separation programs. Participants apply audit findings into compliant and effective waste reduction work plans that focus on waste reduction and reuse as priorities.
- Certificate of Attendance or Certificate of Completion*
- Two days of instruction and related workshops
- Copy RCO Standard Waste Audit Method
- Handbook and in-class training materials
- Breakfast, lunch and light refreshments both days
- Networking with other waste and auditing professionals
* Participants are required to pass both the in-class and written examination components of the training to be eligible for Certificate of Completion. To receive a Certificate of Completion an overall minimum score of 70 per cent based on attendance, participation, course work and exam must be achieved.
The next scheduled Waste Auditor Training is expected to take place in 2021. For more information or to be put on a waiting list email 3RCertified@rco.on.ca.
Corporate training enhances waste and recycling management of an organization, and enables greater co-operation and standardization across multiple locations or departments. Internal management capacity and relationship with vendors are also discussed in a private setting not suitable in a public classroom setting.
RCO’s corporate Waste Auditor Training is available as a one-day intensive workshop or two-day comprehensive certification course. Both provide attendees with in-depth knowledge of how to conduct an audit, and offer critical discussion and interactive exercises.
The one-day workshop focuses on the audit process and how to apply RCO’s Standard Waste Audit Method. Participants gain an understanding of how to prepare and conduct an audit, report on the results, and build e ective management plans.
The two-day course includes workshop content, as well as more thorough in-class dialogue and a written exam that offers attendees a Certificate of Completion from RCO if they score 70 per cent and higher.
Corporate training enhances waste and recycling management of an organization, and enables greater co-operation and standardization across multiple locations or departments. Internal management capacity and relationship with vendors are also discussed in a private setting not suitable in an open classroom setting.
Most importantly, with more efficient and knowledgeable staff, organizations can reduce cost and increase revenue from materials recovery.